Cookie Dough Fundraiser
When it comes to fundraising ideas, cookie dough has become increasingly popular in recent years. It is a pretty easy sell, as people enjoy having cookie dough on hand in large quantities to use however they see fit. The tubs are a nice option so that people can make anywhere from a few to a few dozen cookies as the dough stays good in the refrigerator. Many schools and organizations have success coinciding cookie dough sales with holidays (such as Christmas or Memorial Day) when people will be preparing food for large groups of people and having cookie dough on hand is a nice convenience.
Here are some of the reasons cookie dough is a great fundraising option:
- It’s free! Most companies will send you as many brochures as you need to get started selling. Students or fundraisers take around the order form and collect money. It’s a great hassle free way to start your fundraising off with no startup costs.
- It’s stable: even though it sounds like a difficult product to keep fresh, the companies that make them freeze the tubs. They can then be re-frozen, refrigerated, or even stored at room temperature for up to around twenty days. This eliminates the concern of transit times.
- Everyone loves cookies! Cookie dough is an easy sell any time of year these fundraisers are highly successful. Other fundraisers are usually geared to coincide with some special event or holiday, which means that you are competing with other fundraisers, or people are trying to save money. Cookie dough fundraisers could be used at any point, or multiple times during the year.
- Lots of options: you don’t have to do the typical frozen tubs of dough. There are dry mixes, pre-portioned or even home delivery for fresher products. There are also several different companies that work with fundraising programs, so you can shop around and find the best fit for what you are trying to achieve.
- Great profit margin! Finally, cookie dough sales have a great profit margin for the organization doing the fundraising. It is typically around 40% of the profit that goes to the group doing the fundraising.
- It’s simple: organizing a fundraiser can be very stressful and complicated. Cookie dough fundraiser organizing is as simple as distributing order forms and having people fill them out and collect money. Then the distribution is the last step. As stated above, some companies even ship directly to homes, which limits the logistical planning even more.
Categories: Fundraising with Cookie Dough
Tags: cookie dough fundraising